Make Your Feature Branch
- Clone project:
- git clone email@example.com:your-project.git
- Create a new branch with your feature:
- git checkout -b new-feature-branch
- Create a file:
- touch test.py
- Update the index using the current content found in the working tree, to prepare the content staged for the next commit:
- git add test.py
- Record changes to the repository:
- git commit -m "Make some updates on test.py"
- Push the branch to GitLab as explained in :
- git push -u origin new-feature-branch
- Find the merge request URL in the prompt:
- remote: http://gitlab-server/your-username/your-repo-name/merge_requests/...
- Open the merge request URL using a web browser
What can you do on the merge request page?
Two useful features for beginners:
- "Work In Progress" merge requests: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/work_in_progress_merge_requests.html
- Merge to close issues: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/getting_started.html#merge-requests-to-close-issues
- Labels to organize your issues, merge requests, and epics: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/labels.html